CrossFit GonzStrong – CrossFit
On the Minute x 16 (8 Rounds):
Min 1 – 1 Front Squat
Min 2 – 2 Back Squats
Single barbell, loaded throughout at 85-87% 1RM Front Squat.
– First week back from our de-load.
– Climbing “back up” the rep scheme we began in the front half of the cycle.
– In each iteration, we are looking to increase by 3-5% respectively.
– So from two weeks ago, we are looking to go by feel, and make a judgement call on an appropriate jump for us (based on how that previous session went).
Sore eyes (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
20 Wallballs (20 / 14 lb)
20 Power Snatches (75 / 55 lb)
20 Box Jumps (24″/20″)
20 Push Presses (75 / 55 lb)
20/14 Calorie Row or 300m run or 20 burpees
– Conditioning Category: Pacer
– Sharing resemblences to “Fight Gone Bad”, the premise is light loads completed in large sets.
– Each movement is intended to be at a weight we could cycle for 25+ reps unbroken, when fresh.
– Check the clock after a single round, leaning into that round time as a baseline to work with.
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. With big sets across, we want to think about how the second half of the workout will feel and take that approach from the start.
2. Break sets early with disciplined breaks between.
3. Recover on the row, run, or burpees
– Single Dumbbell Jump Squats
– Dumbbell Thrusters
– Barbell Thrusters
– Hang Power Snatch
– Power Clean
– Sub Dumbbell
BOX JUMP OVER
– Broad Jump
– Box Step-Up
– Sub Dumbbells
30/24 CALORIE ROW
– 24/18 Cal Assault Bike
– 24/18 Cal Ski
– 30/24 Cal Bike Erg
– 300m Run
– 20 Burpees
Olympic Stamina (Time)
12 Ring Muscle-Ups
12 Squat Snatches (70%)
9 Ring Muscle-Ups
9 Squat Snatches (75%)
6 Ring Muscle-Ups
6 Squat Snatches (80%)
– Basing weights today off your specific 1RM.
– Times will not be comparable to varying loads, but comparison is not the aim here.
– Building comfort at uncomfortable percentages is.
– This should be steady and heavy, with sets on the first round(snatches), but very likely singles from there on out.
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. With breaks between rounds we can shoot for bigger sets on the muscle-ups.
2. Steady singles on the snatches with disciplined rest breaks.