CrossFit GonzStrong – CrossFit
50 burpees bx jump overs (Time)
Burpee Cycling Benchmark
For Time, with a 6:00 Time Cap:
50 Burpee Box Jump Overs (24″/20″)
Pull it together (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
“Pull It Together”
600m/500m Row or 600m run
12 Single Dumbbell Burpee Box Step-Overs
Barbell – 275 / 185 lb
Dumbbell – 50 / 35 lb
Box – 24″/20″
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– Moderately Heavy barbell today. A weight we could cycle for 15+ reps unbroken. Looking for 1-2 sets each round within the workout.
– Light Dumbbell, and one we feel confident we could complete 12 step-overs unbroken with each time.
– Hold the dumbbell in either hand. Switch hands as needed. No requirement on when to switch.
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. Think of the row as the “recovery” station in this workout. This is the only place that we are always going to be making forward progress no matter what. At the start of each round think “just get on and start pulling.”
2. Let’s find a controlled rhythm on the deads. We want to keep our breathing under control here.
3. Be sure to practice the Single Dumbbell Burpee Box Step-Overs before you start in order to practice the foot work of it. Switchng hands every rep, every 2 reps, every 3 reps, or at halfway, may be the best way to go. Whatever allows you to stay moving with minimal breaks is the best way to go.
600/500 METER ROW
– 600m Run
– 1,200/1,000m Bike
– 500/400m Ski Erg
– 50 Squat Jumps
– Reduce Weight
– Double Dumbbell or Kettlebell Deadlifts
DUMBBELL BURPEE BOX STEP OVERS
– Reduce Weight
– 12 Burpees + 12 Single Dumbbell Step Back Lunges