CrossFit GonzStrong – CrossFit
Quick sand (5 Rounds for reps)
12 Single Dumbbell Box Step-Ups
8 Burpee Box Jump Overs
Max Sprint or max bike cal (sprint from the garage down to the end of parking lot and back to garage is one rep)
Rest 1:00 Between Rounds
Box – 24″/20″
Dumbbell – 50 / 35 lb
– Conditioning Categories: Sprint
– Choose a dumbbell we feel comfortable holding onto for unbroken sets of box step-ups.
– Dumbbell can be rested on the shoulder, held in a single arm front rack postion, held in the front rack across the chest, held in the back rack behind the neck, or in the hang. Always alternate legs. Switch arms as needed.
– Complete burpees as box facing burpees.
– 5 Scores: Enter bike calories each round. Be sure to reset the bike before starting each AMRAP.
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. With only 1:00 to rest and recover between rounds let’s be careful not to spill all of our energy too early.
2. A good goal to have is to try and get 1 more cal than the previous AMRAP each round.
SINGLE DUMBBELL BOX STEP-UPS
– Unweighted Box Step-Ups
– Single Kettlebell Box Step-Ups
– Odd Object Box Step-Ups
– Weighted Step Back Lunges
BURPEE BOX JUMP OVERS
– Bar Facing Burpees
– Burpees To Target
– Any Other Calorie Machine