CrossFit GonzStrong – CrossFit
The old block (Time)
“The Old Block”
50 Wallballs 20 / 14 lb
40 Box Jumps (24″/20″)
30 Lateral Barbell Burpees
20 Power Snatches 115 / 85 lb
1,000 m run (1000m row, or 2 kilometers on bike)
– Conditioning Category: Pacer
– This aerobic workout is going to put our pacing to the test.
– Step ups are okay on the burpees as long as we take off with 2 feet to get over the barbell.
– The barbell load should be something we feel confident in cycling 15+ power snatches unbroken when fresh.
– Be sure to row through until you see 1,000 on the monitor as this is a standard we see in competition.
– No time cap today. Score is time completed.
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. Wallballs: If you feel confident in bigger sets on the ball let’s go for it. If you tend to struggle with workout that are more metabolic, let’s definitely break the wallballs so that we can BRING IT on the burpees later on. Potential break up strategies: 50 UB, 30-20, 25-15-10, 20-15-10-5, 12-11-10-9-8.
2. Box Jumps: No matter what your strategy is on the ball, let’s take these REALLY easy. Jump up, step down is a great way to go so that we can gear up for the work to come.
3. Lateral Barbell Burpees: To make our pace more sustainable, we can step up each burpee with the outtermost leg from the barbell. We could also come up from our burpee the traditional way (both feet come to the outside of the hands), then step the feet together when standing, before jumping over the bar.
4. Power Snatches: Small sets, singles, or a mixture of the 2 work great.
5. Row: Last station. Let’s aim to ramp up our speed every 250m.
Metcon (No Measure)
10 Weighted AbMat Sit-Ups (Heavier Dumbbell)
10 Weighted AbMat Sit-Ups (Lighter Dumbbell)
10 AbMat Sit-Ups (Unweighted)
Rest As Needed Between Sets.