CrossFit GonzStrong – CrossFit
Tempo Front Squat
On the 2:00 x 5:
3 Tempo Front Squats
Tempo: 3s Down, 3s Hold, 1s Stand
Your calculated percentages
– Looking to build some raw strength in the front squat today with slow and controlled reps.
– Tempos and pauses take out the “bounce” athletes tend to use coming out of the bottom of regular squats and really put the focus on properly using every muscle group in the legs and glutes.
– Start at 60% of your 1RM Front Squat and work up to a moderate set of 3.
Acid reflux (Time)
5 Rounds For Time:
15 Chest to Bar Pull-Ups
12/9 Calorie Assault Bike
9 Thrusters 115 / 85 lb
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– Looking for a weight on the barbell we feel confident in cycling 9+ thrusters unbroken when fresh.
– If you cannot complete 15+ chest to bar unbroken, let’s reduce the reps or modify the movement.
– Barbell will come from the ground each round. Completing a squat clean thruster on the first rep is permitted.
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. Let’s shoot for 2-3 sets on the chest to bar pull-ups every round.
2. Pace the bike so we can go for big sets on the thrusters.
3. Aim for 1-2 sets on the thrusters every round.
4. Rounds 3 and 4 are where this workout really resides. Let’s be smart with our pacing in rounds 1 and 2 so that we can maintian in rounds 3 and 4 with round 5 being the victory lap
CHEST TO BAR PULL-UPS
– Banded Chest To Bar Pull-Ups
– Chin Over Bar Pull-Ups
– 7 Strict Pull-Ups (Chest To Bar or Chin Over Bar)
– Ring Rows
– 16 Alternating Dumbbell Plank Rows
12/9 CALORIE ASSAULT BIKE
-12/9 Air Run
– 12/9 Cal Ski
– 15/12 Cal Bike Erg
– 15/12 Cal Row
– 200m Run
– 20 x 10m Shuttles
– Double Dumbbell
– Single Dumbbell
– Odd Object
– 9 Burpee Broad Jumps