CrossFit GonzStrong – CrossFit
Single task (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
10 Lateral Burpees Over Dumbbell
10 Dumbbell Box Step-Ups (24″/20″)
Single Dumbbell Hang Clean and Jerks 50 / 35 lb
…Continue to add 10 reps to the dumbbell hang clean and jerks each round.
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– The weight of the dumbbell should be something we feel confident we can hold onto for unbroken sets each round even with the reps increasing.
– Switch arms every 5 reps on the dumbbell.
– Dumbbell must go to the shoulder before going overhead. Push press or push jerks are acceptable when getting the dumbbell overhead.
– No standard on switching sides for the dumbbell box step-ups but you must alternate legs every rep. Hold the dumbbell however you would like except for behind the neck (purely for safety reasons).
– Score: Rounds + Reps. For example, if you finish the round of 50’s and get 50 out of 60 dumbbell hang clean and jerks in the following round, your score would be 5+70.
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. “Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.”
2. Take your time on the burpees. We want to avoid coming out of these with a jacked up heart rate.
3. Focus on taking controlled breaths and steps on the box step-ups. Try to avoid extra studder steps between reps by thinking “my first foot on the box, will be the first foot off the box” every rep.
4. The star of the show today is the dumbbell hang clean and jerk. Let’s see if we can hold onto the dumbbell for all of our reps today without needing to put the dumbbell down.
LATERAL BURPEES OVER DUMBBELL
– Regular Burpees
– Burpees To Target
DUMBBELL BOX STEP-UPS
– Odd Object Box Step-Ups
– Empty Barbell Front Rack Box Step-Ups
– Weighted Reverse Lunges
SINGLE DUMBBELL HANG CLEAN AND JERKS
– Empty Barbell Hang Clean and Jerks
– Kettlebell Swings
– Kettlebell Hang Clean And Jerks
– Broad Jump + Air Squat
Metcon (No Measure)
5 Rounds Not For Time:
5 Strict Handstand Push-Ups
5 Strict Ring Dips
STRICT HANDSTAND PUSH-UPS
– Box Handstand Push-Ups
– Pike Push-Ups
– Handstand Push-Ups To Riser(s)
STRICT RING DIPS
– Banded Ring Dips
– Box Dips
– Bar Dips
– Bench Dips
– Push-Ups With Hands On A Box or Plates