CrossFit GonzStrong – CrossFit
Metcon (3 Rounds for reps)
“I Will Survive”
500/400m Row (400mrun) Buy-In, Into Max Rounds:
30 Double-Unders, 5 Power Snatches 135 / 95 lb
500/400m (400mrun) Row Buy-In, Into Max Rounds:
30 Double-Unders, 10 Power Snatches 95 / 65 lb
500/400m (400m run) Row Buy-In, Into Max Rounds:
30 Double-Unders, 15 Power Snatches 75 / 55 lb
– Conditioning Category: Sprint
– The first barbell should be a weight we could easily cycle 5+ power snatches unbroken when fresh.
– The second barbell should be a weight we could easily cycle for 10+ power snatches unbroken when fresh.
– The third barbell should be a weight we could easily cycle for 15+ power snatches unbroken when fresh.
– 3 Scores: Rounds + Reps (not including the row buy-in). If a full round is not completed, enter total reps in the “reps” box and leave the rounds box open
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. Smooth pace and strong pulls on the row. We want to be ready to hit our scored portion (the double unders and power snatches) of each AMRAP.
2. Keep the shoulders and grip relaxed on the double unders. This a great place to breathe as well.
3. On the power snatches, shoot for small sets or steady singles on the heaviest bar, 1-3 sets on the second barbell, and 2-3 sets on the third barbell.
– 400m Run
– 400m Ski
– 1000m Bike (Any)
– 30 x 10m Shuttles
– 1.5x Single Unders
– Line Hops
– Double Dumbbell
– Single Dumbbell
– Kettlebell Swings
– Reduce Weights
– Burpee Broad Jumps
On the 2:00 x 5 Sets:
3-Postion Power Snatch
Rest 1:00-2:00 between sets.
– Light loads to keep speed and postioning the main focus today.
– Looking for speed through the middle (as the bar passes the hips) and in the turn over (fast elbows to lockout postion before landing).
– Looking for solid postioning in the setup and finish postion of each snatch.
– Position 1: Pockets
– Position 2: 1 Inch Above The Knee
– Postion 3: Floor
– All sets performed at 30-40% of your 1RM power snatch.
– Today’s Weight Range- (30-40, Power Snatch, of 1RM Power Snatch)