CrossFit GonzStrong – CrossFit
Shin guard (Time)
Burpee Box Jump Overs (24″/20″)
Power Clean and Jerks 135 / 95 lb
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– Complete box-facing burpees.
– The barbell should be a weight we could complete 15+ clean and jerks unbroken when fresh.
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. We can approach this workout in 2 ways. We can push the burpee box jump overs and go steady singles on the barbell OR we find a steady pace on the box and aim to cycle the bar.
2. Let’s aim to tackle the weaker movement today and get outside our comfort zone.
3. If cycling the bar, 2-3 sets works great or a mixture of touch and go reps and singles. Something like 3 touch and go, 3 singles alternating between the 2 across all sets.
BURPEE BOX JUMP OVERS
– Burpee To Target
– Regular Burpees
– Bar-Facing Burpees
POWER CLEAN AND JERKS
– Double Dumbbell
– Single Dumbbell
– Hang Clean And Jerks
Part A – 3 Sets:
1 Tempo Pausing Bench Press (4s Down, 2s Pause, Regular Up)
1 Tempo Bench Press (4s Down, Regular Up)
1 Bench Press
Rest 2:00 between sets.
Part B – 1 Set:
Max Reps Bench Press
*we did this last Tuesday
– We are building slightly from last week.
– These are 3 consecutive reps. The first rep will have a 4s negative, a 2s pause at the chest, followed by a regular press out of the bottom. The second rep has a 4s negative, no pause, followed by another regular press out of the bottom. The last rep is a regular bench with no tempo or pauses.
– The pause at the chest does NOT mean rest the barbell on your body. The barbell should be just barely touching your body during the pause.
– Feet should stay flat on the floor, butt should stay on the bench, and the elbows should be about 45 degrees off the body throughout each rep.
All percentages based on 5RM Bench Press:
Part A – 95%
Part B – 73%