CrossFit GonzStrong – CrossFit
Metcon (No Measure)
Clean & Jerk Technique
On the 2:00 x 5 Sets:
1 Pausing Power Clean
1 Power Clean
1 Pausing Push Jerk
1 Push Jerk
*Pause 2 second in the catch postion of the 1st clean and the 1st jerk.
– Repeat from last week but building slightly.
– We’ll start our sets at 5% higher and finish 5% higher.
– Percentages still meant to be on the lighter side in order to ensure good quality movement.
– Pauses in the catch of the first clean and the catch of the first jerk are to help focus get receiving the bar with the knees out and hips back.
– We often see athletes with the knees pushed out forward of the toes and the hips tucked slightly forward in the recieving position of both the clean and the jerk. This is something we want avoid in our lifts.
– Let’s video our lifts today so that we can watch back and see what our landings look like.
Percentages based off 1RM Power Clean:
Set 1: 35%
Set 2: 40%
Sets 3-5: 45%
This little piggy (Time)
“This Little Piggy”
3 Rounds For Time:
400m run /500m row
21 Toes to Bar
12 Power Clean and Jerks 135 / 95 lb
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– Looking for a weight we feel confident we could cycle for 12+ clean and jerks unbroken when fresh.
– If we cannot string together 21+ toes to bar unbroken when fresh, let’s reduce the number of reps within the wod
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. Have a relaxed grip on the row handle so that we don’t tax the forearms for the toes to bar.
2. The main goal today is to try to string together big sets on the toes to bar.
3. Singles or small setson the clean and jerks is probably the best way to go so that we stay moving and don’t have the forearms spend too much time under tension.
4. “Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.” Let’s keep this in mind during today’s workout. We want be smooth and in control throughout all 3 of these rounds.
– 1000m On Any Bike
– 400m Run
– 400m Ski
– 30 x 10m Shuttles
TOES TO BAR
– Knees To Chest
– Toes To As High As Possible
– 1.5x Sit-Ups
– Weighted Sit-Ups
POWER CLEAN AND JERKS
– Double Dumbbell
– Single Dumbbell
– Odd Object Ground To Overhead
– Burpees Over The Rower
– Burpees To Target
Metcon (No Measure)
3 x 8 Double Dumbbell Chest Supported Rows
3 x 10 Double Dumbbell Hammer Curls
3 x 12 Foot Elevated Ring Rows
Complete all sets of one movement before moving on to the next. Athlete’s choice on weights.