CrossFit GonzStrong – CrossFit
On the Minute x 10:
2 Box Squats
All sets at 65% of 5RM Back Squat
– This will be a back squat to a box.
– Set the box height at parallel.
– Input the weight you used across as your score.
“Put A Ring On It”
3 Bar Muscle-Ups
6 Front Squats 155 / 105 lb
200m run or 9/6 Calorie Bike
12/9 cal row
– Conditioning Category: Pacer
– If we cannot complete 5 muscle ups unbroken when fresh let’s complete 1 or 2 muscle ups per round or modify the movement.
– The barbell should be a moderate weight, something you could complete 12+ front squats unbroken when fresh.
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. Aim for 1-3 sets on the muscle ups. Really work on getting the hips high by pressing down on the bar instead of pulling and bending the arms early.
2. Lets shoot for unbroken sets on the squats. These will be a bit of a grind but dropping the bar and having to reset can eat up a ton of time.
3. Let’s recover on the bike. We want to complete these bikes in under a minute but this should be managable even at a recovery pace.
4. Practice and time out a full round for your practice round. This will help keep you on target for pacing out this workout.
– Burpee Chest To Bar
– 6 Chest To Bar Pull-Ups
– 5 Strict Chest To Bar Pull-Ups
– Reduce Weight
– Double Dumbbell
– Single Dumbbell
– Odd Object Bear Hug Squats
9/6 CALORIE ASSAULT BIKE
– 9/6 Cal Air Run
– 9/6 Cal Ski
– 12/9 Cal Bike Erg
– 12/9 Cal Row
– 150m Run