CrossFit GonzStrong – CrossFit
Ugly sweater (Time)
40 minute time cap
90/70 Calorie Row (70/50bike) (1200mrun)
70 Wallballs 20 / 14 lb (30/20)
50 Power Snatches 75 / 55 lb (95/65)
30 Burpee Box Jumps (24″/20″)
– Conditioning Category: Pacer
– This a BIG 2 rounder. Pacing will be a big focus in this workout.
– The medball should be a weight you could complete 25+ wallballs unbroken when fresh.
– Men throw to 10 feet, Women throw to 9 feet
– The barbell should be a very light weight. It should be something that you could complete 20+ power snatches unbroken when fresh.
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. Guys can aim to row around 1000+ cals per hour. Ladies can aim to row 800+ cals per hour. The goal here is not fast strokes. We want strong drives through the legs with easy recoveries.
2. Break the wallballs into 2-7 sets. We want to pick the break up strategy that allows us to stay moving with minimal breaks.
3. Break the power snatches into 3-5 sets. Even though the barbell is light, we dont’ want to smoke the shoulders, especially in the first round. Let’s be a little more conservative in round 1 and aim to push the pace and sets in round 2 if it’s there.
4. Find a controlled pace on the burpee box jumps. Be sure to stand all the way up on the box before jumping or stepping back down.
5. This workout is won by the athletes who can speed up or maintain their pace from round 1 in round 2. Being more conservative in round 1 will likely lead to better success in round 2.
90/70 CALORIE ROW
– 90/70 Cal Bike Erg
– 70/50 Cal Assualt or Echo Bike
– 70/50 Cal Ski
– 70/50 Cal Air Run
– 1,200m Run
– Single Dumbbell Thrusters
– Empty Barbell Thrusters
– Squat Jumps
– Single Dumbell
– Double Dumbbell
– Kettlebell Hang Power Snatches
– Power Cleans
BURPEE BOX JUMPS
– Burpee To Target
– Bar Lateral Burpees
– Bar Facing Burpees
– 45 Regular Burpees
Metcon (4 Rounds for weight)
50-ft. Single Dumbbell Overhead Walking Lunge (2 Sets/Side)
Rest As Needed Between Sets
– 50 feet can be completed in 2×25-ft. sections or in 1 straight shot depending on the space you have access to.
– 1 Set = a full 50-ft. on one arm only. We’ll complete 2 x 50-ft. on each arm for a total of 4 sets.
– We will repeat this next week with the goal of building upon this week.
– Record all 4 sets and weights used for each set.