CrossFit GonzStrong – CrossFit
Metcon (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
30 Single Dumbbell Alternating Power Snatches (50 / 35 lb)
30/24 Calorie Echo Bike
30 Toes to Bar
30 Single Dumbbell Box Step-ups (24″/20″)
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– Choose a dumbbell weight that we could cycle for 30+ reps unbroken when fresh.
– The snatches should take under 1:30
– The bike should take under 2:30
– The toes to bar should take under 2:00
– The box step-ups should take under 2:00
– Athletes can expect to get around 3 rounds in this 18 minute AMRAP.
– Score: Rounds + Reps
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. With a longer time domain, our maximum sustainable pace will be a bit more reserved. Think about what pace we would need to keep our breathing in check for the first 10-12 minutes and use that pace to start.
2. Find a steady pace on the snatches where we are breathing and in control.
3. The toes to bar can be our downfall if we aren’t careful. Let’s think of breaking into smaller sets with quick breaks if we need to in order to not hit a wall. Some options for breaking these up are: 10-10-10, 12-10-8, 8-7-5-5, 6 sets of 5, 5 sets of 6.
DUMBBELL POWER SNATCH
– Kettlebell Swings
30/24 CALORIE ECHO BIKE
– Equal Calorie Assault Bike
– 40/30 Cal Bike Erg
– 40/30 Cal Row
TOES TO BAR
– Knee Raises
– Abmat Sit-Ups
DUMBBELL BOX STEP-UPS
– Dumbbell Alternating Lunges
– Goblet Squats
Clean and Jerk:
– A few days out from competition, we’re looking to keep the volume low and loading moderate as we get touches on both these Olympic Lifts
– Enter your snatch weight + clean and jerk weight as your score
– Aim for quality touches over speed, as we look to refine our and efficiency with these two movements
Choose One Of The Following:
Option A) 3 x 800 Meters (Rest 3 Minutes Between)
Option B) 6 x 400Meters (Rest 2 Minutes Between)
Optoon C) 12 x 100 Meters (Rest 1 Minute Between)