CrossFit GonzStrong – CrossFit
Grit Squats – Week 6A
“X” Back Squats
“X” Front Squats
Rest 2:00 between sets.
– Super set means that we’ll complete our back squats, quickly change out weights (if needed), and then complete our front squats. There is little to no rest between the front squats and back squats but we’ll rest for 2:00 before completing the next super set.
– All percentages based on 5RM Back Squat (both front and back squat barbells).
6 Back Squats @ 82%
5 Front Squats @ 68%
5 Back Squats @ 87%
5 Front Squats @ 70%
4 Back Squats @ 92%
5 Front Squats @ 72%
Snake Bite (Time)
Squat Snatches 95 / 65 lb
Chest to Bar Pull-Ups
– Conditioning Category: Sprint
– Last time we completed this workout was 4.8.2020.
– The weight on the barbell should be a weight we could cycle 15+ squat snatches unbroken when fresh. Reduce the weight if needed.
– If you do not think you can complete 21 chest to bar in 3 sets or less, reduce the reps to 15-12-9 or 12-9-6.
– This workout should take under 10 minutes.
– Score: Time
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. Shoot for 3 sets or less on the 21’s, 2-3 sets on the 15’s, and 1-2 sets on the 9’s.
2. Out of the 2 movements, the squat snatches are the “slower” cycling movement. There is no need to try to fly through these. This should be the movement you breathe through and catch your breath.
3. Shoot for quick sets and quick breaks on the chest to bar pull-ups. Seconds can easily tick away during your breaks between sets. Challenge yourself to chalk as little as possible.
4. Keep your transitions smooth and intentional.
– Power Snatches
– Overhead Squats
– Single Dumbbell or Kettlebell
CHEST TO BAR PULL-UPS
– Chin Over Bar Pull-Ups
– 9-7-5 Strict Pull-Ups
– Alternating Dumbbell Plank Rows