CrossFit GonzStrong – CrossFit
Box front sqts (Weight)
Box Front Squat
On the Minute x 10:
2 Box Front Squats
Your calculated percentages
– Weights are purposefully light in order to focus on speed and technique. The box should be set to just below parallel.
– The squat down should feel like a tempo squat taking about 5-10s to reach the box. We want to pause for a brief moment at the box and then explode up FAST to stand.
Percentages based on 1RM Front Squat:
Sets 1+2 – 55%
Sets 3+4 – 60%
Sets 5+6 – 65%
Sets 7+8 – 65-70%
Sets 9+10 – 65-75%
Metcon (3 Rounds for reps)
21/15 Calorie Row
21 Toes to Bar
21 Front Squats 95 / 65 lb
Rest 4 Minutes
15/12 Calorie Row
15 Toes to Bar
15 Front Squats 115 / 85 lb
Rest 4 Minutes
9/6 Calorie Row
9 Toes to Bar
9 Front Squats 135 / 95 lb
– Conditioning Category: Sprint
– We should choose weights that allow us to complete all front squat sets with no more than 1 break.
– We should be able to complete the toes to bar in no more than 4 sets on any round. If needed, reduce the reps or modify the movement.
– 3 Scores: Rounds plus reps of each AMRAP. The app will then combine all 3 rounds for the overall score.
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. Find a pace on the row that is slightly faster than usual. Girls should aim to row above 800 cals/hr and guys should aim to row above 1000 cals/hr. The row in the first AMRAP should take less than 1:30. The row in the second AMRAP should take less than 1:15. The row in the last AMRAP should take less than 1:00.
2. We want to push for bigger sets on the toes to bar knowing that we are likely only going to get to that station 1-3 times depending on which AMRAP you are on. If you are confident in your toes to bar capacity, aim for 1-2 sets. If toes to bar tend to trip you up, aim for 3-4 sets.
3. With the barbell weights building from light weights to moderate weights, we can afford to push ourselves to hold on for bigger sets. Shoot for 1-2 sets each round.
4. While we want to push the row we want to be mindful of our breathing. If we let the heart rate get out of control right off the bat, we are going to have a tough time recovering and we’ll be forced to take more breaks than we want. Stay smooth and in control.
21/15 | 15/12 | 9/6 CALORIE ROW
– 21/15 | 15/12 | 9/6 Cal Bike Erg
– 15/12 | 12/10 | 6/5 Cal Assault Bike
– 15/12 | 12/10 | 6/5 Cal Ski Erg
– 15/12 | 12/10 | 6/5 Cal Air Runner
TOES TO BAR
– Knee Raises
– 2x AbMat Sit-Ups
– Goblet Squats
– Double Dumbbell Front Squats