CrossFit GonzStrong – CrossFit
A) 2 Sets:
2 Dead Stop Deadlifts @ 80%
B) 2 Sets: Max Touch-and-Go Deadlifts @ 85%
“Walking on Sunshine”
30/21 Calorie Row
21 Kettlebell Swings 53/35 lb
Max Distance Handstand Walk
Rest 4 Minutes Between
– Conditioning Category: Sprint
– Each round, you will complete 1 row and 1 set of kettlebell swings. With the remaining time, you will handstand walk as far as possible.
– The row should take less than 2:00.
– The kettlebell swings are American swings that finish overhead each rep. These should be performed at a weight that athletes can complete unbroken each round and should take less than 1:00.
– Score: Record number of feet handstand walk completed each round. Score will be in reps. 1 foot = 1 rep. Your overall score will be total reps over the 5 rounds.
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. We want to make it our goal to buy the same amount of time for the handstand walks each round. This means we need to find a pace on the row and kettlbell swings that we can be consistent with each round.
2. We want a solid effort on the row, however, strong pulls are going to pay off more than fast pulls. We want get off the rower and get right onto the kettlebell and complete an unbroken set of swings so we need to make sure the heart rate isn’t too high. A lower stroke rate will allow us to have more control.
3. Breathe on the kettlebell swings. No need to move super fast here.
30/21 CALORIE ROW
– Reduce Cals
– 30/21 Cal Bike Erg
– 21/17 Cal Assault or Echo Bike
– 21/17 Cal Ski
– 21/17 Cal Air Run
– 300m Run
– 20 x 10m Shuttle Runs
– Reduce Reps
– Reduce Weight
– Russian Kettlebell Swings
– Single Arm Russian Dumbbell Swings
– Empty Barbell Hang Power Snatches
– Bear Crawl
– Handstand Shoulder Taps
Metcon (No Measure)
2 Power Clean
All Sets Based on 1RM Power Clean
Set 2: 82%
Set 3-4: 85%
A. 3 Sets: 10 Barbell Hip Thrusts
B. 3 Sets: 8 Romanian Deadlifts
C. 3 Sets: 6 Banded Hamstring Curls Each Leg (Pause 3s Each Rep)